“Monophonics” is a collection of 49 monophonic presets for Dreadbox Nymphes.
It includes: 14 Basses (Banks A and B), 14 Leads (C and D), 14 Plucks (E and F), 7 Chords (G).
The soundset is suitable for many genres: ambient, electronica, IDM, trip-hop, lounge, downtempo, chill out, new age, cinematic, trance, deep, progressive, techno, industrial, breakbeat, breaks, jungle, drum and bass, dub and others.
All presets are Velocity-sensitive and have ModWheel modulations. The presets are dry, I didn’t use Nymphes built-in reverb. But you may add any portion of reverb according to your situation, or use third-party effects.
Make sure you are using the latest Nymphes firmware (2.0.1 or higher).
The soundset is in a SYSEX format. It can be sent to the device via regular SYSEX apps, like SysEx Librarian (Mac) or MIDI-OX (Win).
Before sending the presets, make sure you’ve made a backup. After uploading the new bank, all previous user presets will be erased.
- Connect Nymphes to the computer via USB.
- Open SysEx app and choose Nymphes in MIDI port settings.
- Add .syx file to the app. Drag & Drop or File Open/Add.
- Choose this file in the list.
- Push Play/Send in the app.
- Sending process takes about a minute.
- Have fun.