“Ambient World” is a collection of 50 atmospheric performances for Korg Modwave. It includes: 17 Pads, 14 Strings, 7 Drones, 12 Textures.
The presets are suitable for any type of arrangement. Initially, a preset is simple and can perform a role of a background pad/strings timbre in any track. But if you start turning Mod Knobs up, launch movement with Kaoss Physics, raise ModWheel the preset gets complicated, moving and evolving, bigger and richer, it transforms its tone, and it may become a lead part of ambient (or any experimental) track. Thus, a preset can be easily and smoothly changed from simple to complex, that makes the whole soundset multipurpose.
The bank covers a wide range of atmosphere colors:
- vintage/retro, lo-fi, tape-like, noisy, detuned, flutter/wow…
- big, massive, epic, bright, orchestral, cinematic…
- warm, soft, gentle, organic, wide, space…
- multi-layered, complex, evolving, moving, sweeping, sparkling, rhythmic, tempo-synced…
- sweet, dreamy, mysterious, deep, fascinating…
- dark, distorted, cold, distant, metallic, tense, atonal, non-harmonic, fx-like, soundscape…
- Wide range of atmospheric sounds
- Thoroughly set parameters
- 2 Layers
- 4 Mod Knobs/Macros change layers’ sound and add movement
- Kaoss Physics change tone of a timbre
- ModWheel adds expression
- Seq Lanes add moving/evolving modulations
- Presets volumes are equalized for a comfortable browsing
- Macros have titles for easier tweaking and presets development
- No user/third-party wavetables
Two Layers + Four Macros + ModWheel + Kaoss X/Y Pad + Seq Lanes = make one performance the big universe with dozens colors! And there are 50 of them inside the bank.
The soundset is suitable of a wide range of genres: ambient, electronica, IDM, trip-hop, lounge, downtempo, chill out, new age, cinematic, trance, deep, progressive, techno, industrial, breakbeat, breaks, jungle, drum and bass, dub and many others.
The presets inside the bank are subdivided into 4 categories, presets titles include the category for better sorting: PD (Pads), ST (Strings), TX (Textures), DR (Drones).
Firmware Version 1.1.0 (or higher) is required to use these presets.
Use official Korg Modwave Editor/Librarian to upload the presets.
About Anru — author of this soundset
Anton Anru is a producer, sound designer, mix engineer, and music production trainer. Get more information and a list of all sound designer soundbanks below.