“Modular Clouds” is a collection of 50 dreamy generative performances for Korg Wavestate.
This was a hard work, I made a huge effort to create this soundset. Wavestate is a very complicated synth, and I dived deep into its features and possibilities.
- Each performance is made from scratch: lanes, modulations, settings…
- True wave sequence 2.0 synthesis, extensive and deep use of unique Wavestate features, that make the presets stand out from other synthesizers (subtractive, wavetable, FM…)
- Thoroughly set parameters and complex modulations.
- All 8 Performance Knobs/Macros are assigned to different parameters. They give changes from subtle to dramatic.
- Vector Envelope adds movement. It has its own motion, and you may tweak it to change the timbre.
- ModWheel add expression.
- Making each performance took me about 60-90 minutes.
- No external/additional samples are required.
- Performances’ volumes are equalized for a comfortable browsing.
Controlled chaos and randomness, probability, non-repetitiveness, pattern uniqueness, short and long sounds alternation, unexpected changes, silence and density, harmonic and FX-like tones, freaky splashes during the playback… All these things are included in the soundset.
A Generative timbre may be a good addition to (or a lead part of) any track, jam and performance. You may also record fragments into your DAW or sampler, slice it to one-shots or make loops. You’ll get a unique material for further processing.
There are evolving pads and stabs, plucks and arps, leads and strings, mallets and percussion. Suitable for Ambient, IDM, Cinematic, Deep, Progressive, House, Techno, Chill Out, Downtempo, Lounge, Experimental, Breaks, D’n’B, Industrial and other genres…
No drums are included in the soundset.
Firmware Version 2.0.1 (or higher) is required to use these presets.