“Melodic Patterns” is a collection of 50 arpeggio performances for Korg Wavestate.
There is a wide variety of arps in the soundset: slow and fast, simple and complex, electronic and “instrumental”, soft and bright, gentle and expressive, dreamy and dark, sustained and punchy… It also includes generative style arpeggios that are great for ambient.
Hold the keys, tweak performance controls and get melodic parts for your productions and jams!
- True wave sequence 2.0 synthesis, extensive and deep use of unique Wavestate features, that make the presets stand out from other synthesizers (subtractive, wavetable, FM…)
- Thoroughly set parameters and complex modulations.
- All 8 Performance Knobs/Macros are assigned to different parameters. They give changes from subtle to dramatic.
- Vector Envelope adds movement. It has its own motion, and you may tweak it to change the timbre.
- ModWheel adds expression.
- No external/additional samples are required.
- Performances’ volumes are equalized for a comfortable browsing.
Suitable for Ambient, IDM, Cinematic, Deep, Progressive, House, Techno, Chill Out, Downtempo, Lounge, Experimental, Breaks, D’n’B, Industrial and other genres…
Important technical information.
Check you Wavestate clock settings, if it’s set incorrectly, the arp may not work.
Vector Envelope movement behaves differently depending on how you hold keys for the arp. If you hold the keys on the keyboard, with a sustain pedal, or you have a midi-clip in your DAW with long notes, then the Vector Envelope will move according to its settings. If you use Arp Latch Mode on Wavestate and push keys without holding them, then the Vector Envelope will not move, but you may move the joystick manually.
Thus, if you use Arp Latch Mode the timbre is a bit simpler (as it lacks additional movement), if you hold the keys without Arp Latch Mode the timbre is more complex due to pre-programmed movement. This information will help you to choose the right scenario for your workflow.
No drums are included in the soundset.
Firmware Version 2.0.1 (or higher) is required to use these presets.
About Anru — author of this soundset
Anton Anru is a producer, sound designer, mix engineer, and music production trainer. Get more information and a list of all sound designer soundbanks below.